Sunday, September 18, 2011

Random Thought: Jesus Loves Me Edition

On Friday Kristen was kind enough to pick me up on her way through Houston so we could ride together to College Station- I was going for the weekend and she was just popping through for a few minutes on her way back to Plano. duh.
God has such cool timing and such a bigger vision than we do... of course Kristen would have an interview in Galveston (WHOOP!) and be driving through CS on a weekend I was going... I'm sure it was all so we could have time together.  Thanks God.

 As we pulled back onto University we were talking about how weird it was to be back and how different things are.  Nothing major has necessarily changed about A&M or BCS, but its crazy how different it feels to be there sometimes.  Time is a weird thing.  When I think about my freshman and sophomore year vs. junior and senior vs. now- I have completely different life perspectives in each stage.  There is a different air about each little time chunk.  I hope you get it because that's about as articulate as I can be on the topic. 

Moving on...

So we pulled up to the back on St. Mary's around 4, Kristen was dropping me off and was going to go do her thing and I was going to go to mass and do my thing.  Sitting in the car in the back lot I started having a slight freak out ... What was I going to do for an hour and a half before mass? Where was I going to put my duffel bag I was toting around? Where were all the people I know?  Why do I feel like I'm 75 years old? ... Kristen validated the awkwardity...but alas I had to forge the unknown.  So, waddling with my bag I strayed from the safe confines of the car and walked the long, dark path of the breezeway. 

Once inside- things went well.  I put my bag down and then went in the church to pray and possibly nap.  I was sitting downstairs right under the front of the balcony, per the usual. 

It felt so good to be back in St. Mary's.  It was almost like going back to your grandparents house.  Its so comforting and familiar.  I would have cuddled with it if I could have...

While I was sitting there praying, Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band kept popping in my head.  I love it.  Its my favorite song right now.  I listen to it too much.  It makes me happy and sad at the same time.  It might be unhealthy. 

What was cool about it though is that as the chorus was repeating in my head, I was hearing Jesus singing it:


Crazy girl, don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going nowhere
Silly woman come here let me hold you
Have I told you lately I love you like crazy, girl?

It was a really cool moment.  I don't usually have a "feelings" reaction during prayer, I don't usually receive consolation.  It was really calming and comforting to hear a song that is meant to be in a romantic context as a love song from Christ.  The rest of the song doesn't follow suit, I know.  But that need not affect the Jesus love chorus.  It was a rare moment when I really felt like He was speaking to me, letting me know I'm in His care.

After, I tried to nap in the balcony ( so I did try to cuddle with St. Mary's) but I couldn't.

Then it was time for mass.  The church was waaaay packed and I was noticing how I knew circa de.... no one.  That's a cool feeling. Thank goodness for Ms. Evelyn Fontana who came and sat with me and made me feel loved ! Father Michael Sullivan rocked the house, Jesus made an appearance, all was well.

The rest of the weekend continued to show how much blessing God has to rain down on us. 

Snaps:
-tailgating
-42
-watching the game at the alumni center (WHOOP!)
-new friend, Frank, class of 1946
-The Village girls
-Gumby's pizza rolls
-Cousin Carley
-free parking
-rain
-dancing
-fuego
-Katie K and company (BABY BOY!)
-Mass with Morgan and Ragan
-Yogurtland for 2 hours


oh! and then getting back home in houston and finding that my house was wrapped... ?!?!  Who wraps a strangers house?  I'm pretty sure they had the wrong house on accident. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! sometimes I think Jesus sings the JB song "One Time", hence why I like it so much. JB and Jesus? Who knew? Jesus doesn't reject us and neither would JB if he met us.

    ReplyDelete