Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Clean-a-thon : amusing photo edition

So.  My house is a wreck.  Not like "oh... no...my house is so dirty, please don't mind the mess..." and then you walk in and everything is sparkling and shiny. No, no little one. Not the case here.  It would take a lot of work on my part to exaggerate the crap, clutter, chaos and confusion that is... my house.

Alas- I am slowly working my way through the terror and making progress.  There has been a lot trashed and donated already- ill post about that later.


For now, let us take a way down Memory Lane of My Childhood...  these are just a select few of the flattering shots of me through the years ...


In the beginning...

I was awesome.

I really wish I still had those rockin shades.  And the visor.  I'll pass on the mullet.

Camp Cullen - circa de kindergarten
 I grew up camping with my dad through Indian Princesses via the YMCA, so I have lots of funny pictures of me trying to be outdoorsy...
I like this one because I think my little legs are cute!

Pretty sure I thought that I was a BOSS sitting up there on that rock.

Then we move indoors... To Valentine's Day

Take note of the GIANT turquoise earrings, I begged my mom to let me wear them

mmm... heart candies...
So, I know there's nothing wonderfully exciting about that last picture, but I added it so I could tell you about that boy.  His name is Ryan.  He grew up down the street from me.  We were b-f-f. Well, at least b-f-until we got-older-and-it-wasn't-cool-to-be-friends-with-the-opposite-sex-and-he-moved.  And by b-f-f  I, of course, mean I was madly in love with him and he, not so much in love with me. (This trend continues throughout my life)  Take a moment to grieve for little Katie so we can move on. 


...

great.

The story I wanted to tell about him is how one time his mom was driving us home from swim practice and I made him marry me in the back seat of the car.  I made him say vows and after we "I-Did" I made him kiss me on the hand.  Because that is apparently how its done.  Now... to enhance the no-shame-in-my-game factor I can distinctly remember his mom watching me in the rear view mirror.

Oh- not to mention that my brother and his best friend were sitting in the seats behind us.

Totally. Legitimate. Marriage.



Moving on to the always Happy Camper version of myself...



And church play Katie... 
We'll assume I'm wearing shorts... !
Then there's me and Saturn...
Don't know why I'm dressed like a hippy... but the old car in the background makes a nice addition to the vintage theme...

Eat. Your. Heart. Out.

Lady in Red...

In my defense, the dress was a choir uniform...


Oh and then there was this hair-do...

I probably thought I was awesome.  Pigtails and white hose.

that time I apparently thought I was a model
I think this one is the most honest picture to come out of 7th grade cotillion...
Hope you're satisfied with your photo tour of my life.  It enjoyed it.


To end our segment I will leave you with these...

These are my Barbies I found in my doll bag.  Both decapitated. Ken's body is in the ball gown.  Stripper barbie has on a bathing suit and one boot.  And there's a random leg. 


Apparently I was this kid
cool.

OH, and here's the My Littly Pony I stole from pre-school.

I told my mom I got it for good behavior or something.


Ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment