Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY: Hair Accessory Organization Edition

So today I solved a problem that has been driving me nutty for a while.  On the back of the door in my vanity room was this giant pink blob... complete with printed tiaras and beads dangling from the bottom...
I got that door organizer for my birthday when I was in middle school.  It was from Claire's. I distinctly remember wanting it.  I also got a matching comb and seat belt cushion/ cover thing that said "princess."

I . Was. Awesome.

For years the pink blob was full of every form of Bath and Body Works product in every scent imaginable.  They collected there for about 10 years before I cleaned it out this past summer.  Since then it has been a haven for my head band and hair clips.  I've been wanting something different though to display them better so I could see all my options at once instead of digging through the pouches.

Enter: an oatmeal canister!

I googled "DIY headband storage" and found an idea to cover an empty oatmeal container with paper and plop the head bands on...

so  I did...
 Freshly wrapped in paper
Then I took it upstairs to work some magic and now it looks like this  !

YAAAAAAY!
I also needed a new way to store my hair clips so I just pinned a wide ribbon to the wall and clipped them on...



The ribbon kind of blends in with the pink silk wall... er... sorry?

The most exciting part?  The back of the door now looks like this...




aaahh!
So now maybe my vanity room doesn't look like a 12 year old?  It still has a hot pink wall and shoe wall paper.  But I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment