Monday, August 8, 2011

Wedding Bells: The Vallone Edition

So my best friend from high school decided it was time to get married.  She also decided that last Saturday was the perfect time to make it happen!


When she and her fiance got engaged in December, she asked me to be a bridesmaid and I, of course, accepted with joy!  As the wedding quickly approached, we went into overdrive with finishing touches and last minute ideas.  I had so much fun getting to create things that were used in a real wedding, as opposed to my usuals "oooh-ing" and "aahh-ing" at such things on pinterest :o)

I volunteered to put together some sort of photo display of Veronica and Mark to be used at their rehearsal dinner and again at the reception.  I didn't want to just put frames on a table, mostly because it would be a lot of frames and I didn't know if there would be enough room to make it look uncluttered !  So I came up with this ...


It's not exactly a great picture... but you get the idea.   I found the baskets at Hobby Lobby and found inspiration! I filled them with aqua foam and then covered in moss that I glued down with a hot glue gun.  Then I backed the photos I had printed at walgreens (*funny side story ) to black cardstock...glued to floral wire and arranged! voila ! I also added some paper roses I had made...tutorial here and then added a bird's nest with two white doves in it (in the far left of the left basket) - the theme for their wedding was "Love Birds"   Oh, and then I stuck those little wicker balls on a stick in it for some zest!  ... I thought they turned out nicely and fit well with the wedding !

My next project for their wedding was a thumbprint guestbook tree!  I had seen these a few times online and then again at the beginning of the summer at a friend's beautiful wedding ! She had drawn it herself, as she is a legit artist.  So I used a photo of her's as a guide for mine.  I used a regular Uniball pen to draw the tree onto the board...  

then it got a little dose of color ...



and with a frame was ready to go!  Here's a picture at the rehearsal dinner after the stamping began... Mark and Veronica are the kissing love birds :o) !

Here's a shot of the whole table put together at the rehearsal dinner - aka, the trial run.  (rehearsing is a community event) 

After the reception I was so excited to check out the completed tree with everyone's finger prints and signatures! I think it looks so fun!

and some close ups, just in case anyone thinks its as cool as I do...








 There you have it !  I was so happy with the final product ! And I am so excited for Mark and Veronica! Their wedding was absolutey beautiful and they make such a wonderful couple ! I can't wait to see where the Lord takes them !

is she not adorable?

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to see a thumbprint tree in real life! That turned out so cute! Love the photo baskets as well!

    ReplyDelete